Providers submitting full applications for accreditation will be required to complete four templates at stage one of the accreditation process, with the addition of a Stage two report (Template 5) at stage two. A Graduate Teacher Standards Map has also been developed to support providers to show where the Graduate Teacher Standards are taught, practised and assessed throughout the program.
- Template 1 - Application coversheet - contains high-level information about the program being submitted and is signed by the Dean or the Dean’s representative.
- Template 2 - Program Standards Matrix - used by providers to map the evidence within the application against each of the Program Standards.
- Template 3 - Graduate Teacher Standards Matrix - used by providers to map the evidence within the application against each of the Graduate Teacher Standards.
- Template 4 - Plan for demonstrating impact - used by providers to describe the impacts related to pre-service teacher performance and graduate outcomes measures that will be used to demonstrate the impact of a program over the next accreditation period.
- Template 5 - Stage two report - examines the previous accreditation period and is where providers identify strengths of the program and highlight areas for improvement. (This report is only applicable at stage two of the accreditation process).
- Graduate Teacher Standards Map - used by providers to show where the Graduate Teacher Standards are taught, practised and assessed in the program.
The templates and map should be read along with the 2019 Accreditation of initial teacher education programs in Australia: Standards and Procedures and the 2020 Guidelines for the accreditation of initial teacher education in Australia.
State and territory teacher regulatory authorities remain the primary point of contact in relation to accreditation arrangements for specific programs.