Australia has excellent study options to becoming a qualified teacher and has a great history of welcoming international students from a wide range of countries.

Australian universities have entry requirements and can guide you on the process towards applying for a student visa.

Don’t be afraid to ask for help. Professors in Australia are friendly to approach, and they are willing to help and support you. There is only so much you can learn from books, or essay writing, so make sure you reach out to people.
Songhao - China

After your studies, if you think you will need to apply for a skilled migration visa, you will need to make sure that you study an accredited ITE course.

If you would like to become a qualified teacher so that you can teach in a school classroom or educational setting in Australia, you must complete an initial teacher education (ITE) qualification. The qualification must include a program of professional studies in education including discipline-specific curriculum, pedagogical studies, general education studies. It also needs to include supervised teaching practice relevant to the age range of the students for the occupation you have nominated.

You can find the right Accredited Teaching Program on the accredited programs list. It has a record of accredited ITE programs by the teacher regulatory authority in each Australian state/territory.

Registration may not be a requirement for employment as an early childhood teacher (ECTs)in all locations, but it is a requirement under some state and territory legislation. It is also important to note that individual employers may specify higher qualification requirements (for example, a four-year ECT degree) as part of their employment policy.

To see if you are qualified to work in an Australian education and care service with children preschool age and under (e.g. preschool, kindergarten, long day care, family day care or out of school hours care) please refer to the ACECQA website.