Currently, jurisdictions are actively addressing recommendations of One Teaching Profession which relate to:
- beginning teacher induction
- relationships between pre-service teachers and teacher regulatory authorities
- English language proficiency assessment
- teacher professional learning
- data collection for Highly Accomplished and Lead Teacher status and alternative authorisation to teach
- workforce challenges for VET delivery to secondary students
Some useful links to current and related national initiatives are presented below:
Australian Teacher Workforce Data (ATWD)
The Australian Teacher Workforce Data (ATWD) creates a nexus between Initial Teacher Education data and national teacher workforce data, providing comprehensive teacher statistics.
Information on the ATWD can be located here: https://www.aitsl.edu.au/research/australian-teacher-workforce-data
Recommendations addressed from One Teaching Profession: 1, 3, 4, 7, 8, 14, 17.