What is the ATWD
After families, teachers are the number one influence on the learning lives of children. So it's important to ensure teachers are properly supported throughout their careers.
The Australian Teacher Workforce Data (ATWD) initiative is building the evidence base that will inform the future of the teaching profession. By connecting initial teacher education data and teacher workforce data from across Australia, the ATWD is providing nationally
consistent data on subjects like :
- How many teachers we have
- How many graduates get jobs
- The types of contracts teachers are employed under
- Teacher career paths and experiences
- How many teachers are entering and leaving the profession.
These insights will identify how to better support teachers and their wellbeing, and ensure teachers in schools and early childhood settings can deliver quality learning to every child.