The Government’s response to the Report addresses the five themes of:
- stronger quality assurance of teacher education courses
- rigorous selection for entry to teacher education courses
- improved and structured practical experience for teacher education students
- robust assessment of graduates to ensure classroom readiness
- national research and workforce planning capabilities.
By responding to these themes with swift and decisive action, the Government will seek to make a real difference to the training of our teachers and work to make sure the teaching profession has the confidence and respect of the Australian community.