These terms and conditions are written for applicants or agents utilising the Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership (AITSL) Assessment for Migration Applicant portal (Applicant portal).
The terms and conditions apply to the following processes:
- Registration for the Applicant portal;
- Using the Applicant portal; and
- Storage and use of data provided.
The information provided will be used for the purpose of a skilled migration assessment by AITSL. As part of this process, AITSL may disclose some or all of your information to a third party (including, but not limited to, Universities, educational institutions and language assessment organisations both in Australia and internationally, as specified in your application), in order to complete the assessment of your application. Third parties must take reasonable steps to protect the personal information it holds from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
In certain circumstances, information and documents provided as part of this application may be provided to the Department of Home Affairs, who may use the information for their lawful purposes and in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
AITSL may utilise the data for a variety of purposes such as, but not limited to, research, developing, delivering and updating AITSL’s services, programs and policies, conducting analysis, identifying and reporting on trends. AITSL is committed to protecting all personal information and ensures that the data used for such purposes will be de-identified. All data included in reports for internal and external use will be anonymous.
Information collected throughout the registration and application process will be treated in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles and the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and kept and used by AITSL in accordance with AITSL’s privacy guidelines.
By registering, an applicant or agent is agreeing to receive electronic communication regarding their registration. Emails or messages within the Applicant portal may be used to provide an applicant or agent with more information about their registration and ongoing application.
Information that is provided to AITSL that may be identified as false, dishonest or misleading in nature may be investigated by AITSL under common law and relevant jurisdictional legislation.
The Applicant portal is to be used solely for the purposes of the Assessment for Migration process. AITSL reserves the right to deny registration to, or remove access rights from, any person(s) who is not using the Applicant portal in the above manner.
Each registration requires the applicant or agent to enter the following:
- full contact information, including email and residential address; and
- agreement to these terms and conditions.
Agreement to terms and conditions
By successfully registering for and using the Applicant portal, the applicant or agent agrees to the following terms and conditions.
The applicant or agent:
- Agree that AITSL can:
- examine data provided in the Applicant portal for the purposes of reviewing and providing an outcome for the Assessment for Migration process;
- store, maintain and manage that data; and
- use de-identified data for analysis and publish anonymous data for research and other educational or promotional purposes.
- Acknowledges that if their email address or residential address changes, it is their responsibility to notify the AITSL Assessment for Migration team of the change;
- Acknowledges that the provisions of the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) do not apply to applicants or agents using the Applicant portal for the Assessment for Migration process;
- Acknowledges that they may be contacted by AITSL to provide feedback on their experience in using the Applicant portal and the Assessment for Migration process; and
- Acknowledges that AITSL reserves the right to change the Applicant portal and these terms and conditions at any time without notice.