Senior Advisor - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education
- Support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander teachers and students
- Make a real impact on education in Australia
- Convenient Melbourne CBD location
About the Position
The Senior Advisor will work with the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Advisory Group, as well as key Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander stakeholders, to support teaching and school leadership so that all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students achieve their full learning potential and are supported to embrace their culture and identity.
They will help bring the voice of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities into the planning, design, delivery and evaluation of the programs and initiatives that AITSL delivers to teachers and school leaders across Australia.
The filling of this vacancy is intended to constitute an affirmative measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth), and section 27 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010 (Vic). This vacancy is therefore only available to Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people.
Who we are looking for:
The successful candidate will be up to date on best practice in improving educational outcomes. They will advise AITSL on the development of culturally appropriate materials for teachers and school leaders that will help Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and young people to achieve their full learning potential.
The candidate will build and maintain good working relations with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander stakeholders, teaching professionals and school leaders. They will also collaborate with the wider education sector to identify opportunities for AITSL to develop and implement programs and services.
The successful candidate will have exceptional interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work effectively and sensitively with a broad range of people from diverse backgrounds, cultures and experiences.
They will also:
- Identify as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- Have a strong knowledge of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures
- Be able to draw on previous experience in providing program and project support and demonstrate a passion for building relationships across diverse stakeholder groups
- Have highly developed organisation skills and proven ability in engagement activities, building and maintaining key networks and leading group discussion.
For further information, please see the Senior Adviser Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education Position Description.
How to apply
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com