The resources listed below have been developed to support teachers − and schools − interested in national Certification. In addition to these resources, support is also available from the certifying authority in your state or territory.
- The Guide to Certification of Highly Accomplished and Lead Teachers in Australia supports those involved in the certification process, including applicants, assessors and referees. The Guide to Certification provides applicants with information about developing collections of evidence, writing annotations and demonstrating impact on students and colleagues. First developed in 2012, the Guide to Certification was updated in 2015 to ensure that applicants have access to the most current information about the national Certification process.
- The documentary evidence supplements provide applicants with information on evidencing their practice at the Highly Accomplished and Lead career stages of the Standards. The supplements give examples of evidence categories and detailed types of evidence, as well as providing a mapping document.
- The Certification evidence mapping documents are interactive PDFs that applicants can use to keep track of the evidence they are collecting for their certification application. Using these mapping documents will help ensure that you have evidence to demonstrate each Focus Area of the Standards.
- The Visual representation of a collection of evidence for certification uses visual representations of evidence to illustrate how different types of evidence could be combined to develop an effective collection of evidence.
- The original policy document, Certification of Highly Accomplished and Lead Teachers in Australia, outlines the purposes and principles underlying Certification and the assessment process.
To complement these resources, the Learning from practice workbook series has been developed. It aims to guide teachers’ self-reflection, self-inquiry and discussion with colleagues as well as support local performance and development processes. Within this series, the Recognising exemplary teachers workbook has been developed especially for those interested in applying for Certification. It explains how undertaking Certification can benefit you and provides information about what the process involves.
Guide to the Certification of Highly Accomplished and Lead Teachers 4.8MB PDF
Highly Accomplished Career Stage
Certification documentary evidence supplement: Highly Accomplished teachers 1.2MB PDF
Certification evidence mapping document: Highly Accomplished teachers 607KB PDF
Lead Career Stage
Certification documentary evidence supplement: Lead teachers 808KB PDF
Certification evidence mapping document: Lead teachers 719KB PDF
Visual representation of a collection of evidence for certification 830KB PDF
Policy document and supporting documents
Certification of Highly Accomplished and Lead Teachers in Australia 792KB PDF